Connie

I've changed, and I'm only human. I'll sit here with coffee from Starbucks whilst you blunder your way through reality.

Bye.

Sunday, May 3, 2009

Pretty ugly.

You hide your face and hide it fast,
You’re no stranger to this mask,
The box you keep of magik and tricks,
“Nothing a little lip gloss won’t fix.”

You open the box, contents unfurled,
Your barricade from this world,
Powder and lipstick create a fake smile,
Her pale face must not be seen, it’s not her style.

Eyeliner lies, hides faith from your eyes,
Blusher conceals and burns what is real.
Why can’t you see,
Beauty is for free?
Elegance is from within,
Not man made from a tin.


You hate yourself, you lack esteem,
Boys in your class are all so mean,
Due to remarks; some blunt, some witty,
You open your box and pray,
”Make me pretty.”

Credits: deviantart
I've got this sudden inspiration to blog about this.

What's the definition of a pretty girl?

I'm surprised by the responses I get from people on this question.
Frankly, I thought most people will remark saying " Oh she has to have big eyes, fair skin, long hair, skinny" or like the usual must look like Jessica Alba or whatever.
I have rekindled my faith in human kind and the male species! Awesome right, hahaha.

All right, in your face you adults!
We youths now are not superficial, and it's stereotypical that guys like hot hot girls.
Pretty girl's definition: A girl who looks decent, who's nice, kind and cheerful. A girl whom guys want as a girlfriend\wife, not as an eyecandy.
The world now tries to distort(?) our views towards people of the same or opposite gender.
We're taught that pretty girls have to have hot bodies, be skinny or be rich, that guys have to be muscular, blonde or whatever. It's just pure propaganda to get people to feel insecure about themselves. I know I'm guilty of being jealous about slim people, I guess I'm a victim too.

Inner beauty's what important. Although peopel scoff at it and remark that generally the world looks on the outside. But it holds true that if you're ugly inside, no matter how pretty you are outside, your ugliness will shine through, and vice versa. Have you ever wondered why in shows the 'ugly' girls always gets the good looking guys and the pretty girls are always left crying their eyeballs about cause they're left being a single person? I believe there's an underlying meaning that comes along with such an ending.

Your character's the most important thing.

That's why cute guys usually turn me off, cause they have horrible attitudes which make me feel like slapping them :\ And I can't stand those who know that they're cute\pretty\handsome, they're obsessed with their looks, yucks. Although they're really good to look at and drool over, BUT life's unfair. You'll just suffer if you become their other half cause they'll be so conceited with themselves, agree?

All right, I think this sounds like a not so good post, damn ):
Maybe I 'll improve my writing soon, hopefully.

LIT LIT LIT, oooo Harper's Island looks nice.
Hohoho.

P.S I'm the epitome of seriousness and deepness, ummmmmmmmm.

No comments: