Connie

I've changed, and I'm only human. I'll sit here with coffee from Starbucks whilst you blunder your way through reality.

Bye.

Monday, March 2, 2009

Love.



Okay, I'm supposed to be doing my literature essay now but I got to take a break and clear my mind.

Have you all thought of what love means to you?

When I was looking for pictures about love, I came across so many pictures of guys and girls kissing or in bed.
Is that what love is about?
It's kind of sad isn't it that the media and the world portrays love as only between men and women, that there's only one kind of love - eros (sexual love)

Thought provoking.

What does love actually mean to me?

Sacrifice. I believe that when you love someone or something, you're willing to sacrifice your everything for that particular thing or person. Like how Christ died for us, now that's love. Love transcend all understanding, it's not just a feeling.
"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, and always perseveres." (1 Cor. 13:4–7, NIV)

Agape: In the New Testament, agapē is charitable, selfless, altruistic, and unconditional. It is parental love, seen as creating goodness in the world; it is the way God is seen to love humanity, and it is seen as the kind of love that Christians aspire to have for one another.
I believe that if you truly love someone everything else doesn't matter.

So, I don't believe when guys or girls say to each other that they love one another. Are you willing to sacrifice everything? Are you so dedicated to each other? Especially at this age of a tween to a teen?

Think about it. Love's not all that sappy or romantic like what the media portrays, it's more than that.

Lol, thought provoking.

Hmmmmmmmmm.

No comments: